I received a lovely blog award from my friend Mary of Le Professeur Gothique. Thank you, what a great way to start one’s Sunday – seeing that I was awarded. Thank you!
This award comes with “rules”: Nominate 15 bloggers for this award, list 7 random facts about yourself, and link back to the one who nominated you in the first place.
There are many great bloggers out there and the list of blogs I read daily is really looong. Therefore, I will try not to include those in my list who already received this award (although you all deserve to receive it more than once!). Check Mary’s, Natalie’s, and Meagan Kyla’s lists to see whom I would have included, too, if they hadn’t already been awarded.
Okay, now here are 15 more great bloggers (in no particular order) whose blogs you should check out:
- Amanda – Stitch Noir & A Dash Of Noir
- Vivienne – Out Of The Shadows
- Tante Fledermaus – News From The Cave
- Jean – Jean Of All Trades
- Sheila – Ephemera
- Jen – A Life In Flux
- Stacey – Fresh Stitches
- Lucy – Attic24
- Sophie – Walking The Line That The World Has Drawn
- Sabayon – Ruffles Not Diets
- Jenn – The Blog Starts Here
- Leah – Zombies Wearing Helmets
- La Coccinelle – The Ladybug Reads
- Purji – Stuff! Also Things!
- Sucrette – Le Monde De Sucrette
Special shout-out to Tommy – Life As A Zombie Named Tommy.
This list is pretty eclectic. It includes blogs of many different niches: crafts & diy, Goth/Alternative blogs, books, fashion… Maybe you find some you haven’t discovered yet and would like to add to your reading lists?
Finally, 7 random facts about me:
- I love white country-style furniture.
- I hate getting up in the morning. I look like a half-dead, sleep-walking zombie for at least half an our after getting up.
- I love post-apocalyptic, scifi, (urban) fantasy and paranormal romance novels.
- I’m an aggressive driver.
- Flo (the dog) sleeps in my bed. Yes, most people find that gross / nasty. I did, too. I changed my mind.
- I’ve been kicked by a horse once. It hurt like hell.
- My appendix was taken out on a Friday the 13th (Friday, October 13th, 1989).
Finally, I started re-arranging my craft room / office! I’m so happy I finally got going. I moved furniture, boxes of yarn, thousands of books, and other stuff (which I didn’t even know was there). I think having a clutter-free environment will also help declutter the soul. And I DO need to declutter my mind! There are way too many unpleasant thoughts in my head.
So, the first step is done: My office is almost free of the worst clutter and appears to be more spacious. The next step will be to get back to crocheting because that’s one of the activities which calms me down and means a pleasant time to me. Unfortunately, I didn’t crochet much during the last weeks and months. When I have depressive episodes, I’m not able to do much – if anything at all. Thanks to sertraline I feel much better. Not perfect, not healed, but I don’t hate myself anymore.
Back to crocheting: I love reading Stacey’s blog “Fresh Stitching”. Stacey announced Knit & Crochet Design Week recently and I’m playing with the thought of taking part in it. Well, I have never really designed anything (except for my stuffed animal Paul’s knitted sweater) but I would love to crochet a simple garment for myself. I really, really hope I’ll be able to pull through with this!
Finally, here’s a question – or several questions – for you:
- Do any of you enjoy reading ebooks?
- Do you have an eReder? Which one?
- Would you be interested in me reviewing ebooks I’ve read in my blog?
- Which genres are your favorites?
Thanks for answering.
This is a THANK YOU-post – because I won something cool…
Last December, I submitted the picture of one of my knitted projects to CraftFoxes, a social network for people who love crafting. Early in January I suddenly received a message – I had won a cool CraftFoxes t-shirt! How cool is that? I didn’t even know they were giving away a t-shirt when I uploaded my project. What a great surprise!
The shirt arrived here yesterday and it’s really cute. Thank you, CraftFoxes!